Sunday, November 6, 2011

Such A Fun Morning!

They saw you can never go home again...but today, Sunday, I managed to do it! 

For most of my formative teenage years, my daddy was the pastor of this church. All my teenage triumphs and angst happened on this corner it seems.  Today marked the 65th anniversary of the church and I am so happy to have had it as part of my life. The friends I made here -- are my friends for life. They are family to me.

My family and I got to return for service here this morning and fellowship meal afterwards. It was great to see everyone...I was hit by emotions I didn't expect, but oh, so happy for them all.   

After church and lunch  my old youth group got together for a photo op! Such fun to see them all...I love them and all our shared memories so much!


Oh -- and the picture of the church was taken by my daughter...she is developing a really good eye for picture taking...don't you think? 

No comments: