Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Crumbs on a Plate

I woke up early this morning...just couldn't sleep.

I took a shower, did my makeup, dressed, fed the cat and realized...I was hungry!

This is rare...I usually don't even stop to eat until 4pm - and here I was at 6am wanting to eat.

After a few minutes, I decided on a simple breakfast of toast and tea, It seemed simple enough anyway.

For my birthday a few weeks ago, one of my sweetest friends who knows me VERY well gave me a jar of  this...

Yep - that is Key Lime Jelly...yum!  I adore it. I tried it out Easter morning. Fab!  So, it was a logical choice for me this morning, only guess what? It would not open! I tried and tried, every method I could think of - but the lid would not budge. My hubby was sleeping too soundly - I couldn't even think of waking him for this small thing. So I had to resort to this...

Yep, good ole generic Red Raspberry jam.  OH well - it isn't the first time in my life that I have wanted something and ended up with something completely opposite. But you know what I was reminded of this morning at 6am? Even though it might not have been what I thought I wanted, it was not the sleek, fancy jelly that would remind me of the beach and summer and give me what I perceived as a great breakfast. It was downhome, filling and made me think of the country and hay bales and happiness from my childhood...and the result was this....

crumbs on a plate, a completely satisfied tummy and a great start to a great day!

I am happy to once again be inspired to blog, happy to have a friend who gave me such a wonderful key lime treat and happy to have been reminded this morning that happiness can be found - if we only allow our own thoughts and desires to move out of the way!

Thankful for the crumbs of raspberry jammed toast this morning - wishing you a great day!

Still happy in this moment!
Bev

No comments: