Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Calm Yourself...It Is Just A List!

Just a list of things...cause I feel the need to write, and yet, I am not in an emotionally stable enough place to actually form logical sentences within paragraphs!

1. It is a week and a day since we learned of the devastating loss of our pastor's son in a car wreck. 18 and about to graduate, a God honoring young man with a heart for loving others, it is still almost too much to bear.

2. My work school year is over...bring on the summer!

3. Today is my 20th wedding anniversary...no big celebration - just grateful for the turn of the calendar and life with a really good man.

4. Tomorrow is 2nd Grade recognition day...oh - and pizza party! Yay!

5. Tonight while my child was in her GA class...my friend and I went to the grave site of that sweet guy in #1. It is a lovely spot...I was glad to go, I think, NO, I know, I will go back again sometime. I still can't make it seem real and I am trying to be God-honoring in my grief and my heartache for his family. It is hard times, hard times indeed.

6. Did I mention that my summer has started and my child's will start in two days...SUMMERTIME!

7. I have to confess that I have several "piles" of things dotting my house, stacks of items that I have thought I would surely go through "in the summer" and de-clutter  my home, but it is now officially summer and I really don't want to go through any of them  :(

8. I have been to the store three times since Saturday...tin foil has been on the list all three times and yet, I have forgotten it EVERY time!

9. I am currently listening to Zac Brown Band's "No Hurry Today"...and I believe I am going to adopt it as my summer time theme!

10. And lastly, for the two of you that are still reading this list...I took two, TWO naps today...and I like the way it made me feel!!! Ah....the joys of summertime!

Happily,
Bev

2 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Nice to see you back in the Reader list :) And yay for summer - I can smell mine comin' down the pike. Freedom is in the air :) Love ya, miss ya.

cewmont said...

For the longest I couldnt log onto blogs at work. I dont know when that changed. But, I havent had internet at home for over a year either. I somehow found my own blog doing a search for something else!! and that led me here.

Its been since 2009 since I wrote on my blog. Wow! I've actually missed it from time to time. I dont know if I'd even know where to begin. I know what few followers I had are long gone now!

Anyway--if I hear back from ya, I'll have to tell you how I found my blog! (it has to do with something you posted!)