Monday, November 5, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up with a Side of Cough Syrup!

I think it was a good weekend. Quite frankly it went by so fast that my head is spinning on this Monday morning. Apparently I did not clean house this weekend as evidenced by the clutter in the sink and the floor and just about every where else in the house. I know that I did some exciting things on Friday, like grocery shop, and I think Saturday was filled with a trip to my parents for lunch and then back home so my child could play outside and expend some energy. I remember setting the clocks back on Saturday night -- and getting my clothes put out and ready for Sunday. Not much else to report..

Sunday was spent at my home church for homecoming. Nothing like going back home again - especially if your first love is preaching! Yep - that's right - that boy from so long ago preached the sermon...he is now the youth director and by golly, he did a great job!  I am taking full credit of course...isn't that the right of a first girlfriend from 30 years ago...sure it is!! :-) 

Seriously though - he did good, he has turned out well -- mainly because he married someone that has helped that process along!! She is good for him...it is a joy to know that life turned out great for both of us.

After lunch and the traditional youth group picture on the lawn, my parents, daughter and I came home. Thankfully, Hannah had a play date all afternoon as I developed whooping cough Sunday morning. After seeing the hubby off to work and tucking the child in bed, I had hoped to sit back, relax with some of my fave Pumpkin Spice Mocha Latte (it is a Keurig concoction - I will leave the recipe at the end of this post -- try it - you will like it!)  and watch my Real Housewives of Atlanta premiere. Unfortunately by that time, I was passed out from cough syrup. What did I miss? Anyone?  I guess I will have to download it to the Kindle to catch up ...I do love those Housewives shows!

Hope you had a great weekend. Here's to Monday - and Election Day tomorrow and the END OF ALL THE PHONE CALLS ASKING ME TO VOTE !!!

Cough, Cough, Cough!

Happily!
Beverly

PUMPKIN SPICE MOCHA LATTE RECIPE!
Okay - if you have a Keurig  -- try this. If you don't, well...I am sorry for ya!

One Pumpkin Spice Coffee K-cup
One Hot Cocoa K-cup  
Some Pumpkin Pie Spice if you have it

Brew 6 oz of the Hot Cocoa, then put in the Pumpkin Spice k-cup and brew 6. oz.  Sprinkle a little pumpkin pie spice in  - top with some whipping cream if you like... It is chocolaty and pumpkiny and yummy!!
Enjoy!!


No comments: