Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sunrise- Church from the Driver's Seat

The Lord gave me a beautiful sky this morning on my drive in to work. It was the sun in all its glory --- just beautiful. I had my Travis Cottrell worship music jamming on the stereo and the beautiful sunlight bathing me. It was church from the driver's seat...I love mornings that start that way!

Some days are easier than others, this day, quite frankly this week, has been hard. I have needed to rev myself up for the day, claiming scripture, putting on my armour and bathing my brain in worship music to get throught the days. This morning was no different. The only difference was the beautiful sky and the blazing, warm sun. And then...

The highway curved and the sun was gone. Well, of course it was not really gone, I had turned a different direction. My soul starting pouting. It literally felt like all the glory had been sucked out of my drive. The bliss I had just been enjoying was just..gone.  I knew the sun was still in the sky and still beautiful, it was just not shining on me anymore.

I was blessed to be able to see the visual image and how it applied to my day, my week, the past few weeks, the future weeks to come.  You see, just like the pretty sunrise, the warmth and happiness it gave me, so goes my normal life. I am pretty content, happy, joyful and generally try to find the postive in situations more often than the negative. I trudge along, living my life, enjoying the comfort of happy relationships, and not too many challenges. I know God is real, I see His handiwork, I feel His presence. And then the road I travel takes a curve, much like the highway did this morning and my way is suddenly dark, dreary and the "light" is seemingly gone from my world. Troubles come, arguments happen, stress and worry abound. It is in those times that I have to remember that the SON is not gone. He is still there, I have moved, turned from the direction of His light on my life. Even when I can't see or feel His light -- it is still there!

Here's to lessons learned on the highway to work...and many more sunrises seen through my windshield!

Living Happily in the Moment!

No comments: